How to Register to Vote new
How to Register to Vote
- Parent Category: Administration
- Last Updated on 09 March 2012
- Published on 14 February 2012
- Hits: 3001
To be eligable to vote in any election, you must first register to vote. Registering is easy and doesn't take a lot of time. First, make sure you are qualified to register to vote in Bartow County. The qualifications include:
- Citizenship in the United States of America
- Legal residency in Bartow County
- Being 17 1/2 years of age on the day you register (however, you must turn 18 prior to voting)
- Not serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude (although you may register after completing your sentence)
- Not being found mentally incompetent by a judge
If you qualify, simply print a copy of the Voter Registration Application, complete it, and mail it in. There is no need to declare a party affiliation, and personal information such as Driver's Liscence and Social Security Numbers is kept strictly conifidential.
In order to vote, you must mail your completed Voter Registration Application in at least 30 days prior to Election Day. After we recieve the application, we will send you a precinct card in two to three weeks. This card tells you where you vote on Election Day, but you don't need to take it with you in order to vote. If you lose it simply check the My Voter Page on the Secretary of State's website for your Election Day Polling Place information.
Also, if this is the first time you have registered to vote in the State of Georgia, you must include a copy of an approved form of identification with your Voter Registration Application. The approved forms of identification include:
- Georgia driver's license, even if it's expired
- Valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including one issued by the Department of Driver Services or your county registrar's office
- Valid U.S. passport
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid Tribal photo
- Utility bill
- Bank Statement
- Government Check
- Any other government document which shows your name and address
You can print the application, fill it out, and mail it to us.
Or you can apply online at the Georgia Secretary of State's website.
(not currently working)